Michigan Coastal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of each member's financial records consistent with state and federal laws. MCCU will take prudent and reasonable measures to safeguard the accuracy and privacy of all member information including information used wile conducting business via the internet, ATM network, wire services, telephone, the U.S. mail and other means of communication. Article XIX, Section 2 of MCCU bylaws requires its officers, directors, members of committees, and employees to "hold in confidence all transactions of this credit union with its members and information respecting their personal affairs." We are required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information. If you have any questions, please contact a member service representative at 1-231-777-3620.
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you rom the following sources:
Information we receive from you on applications and other forms, such as:
- your name
- social security number
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others such as:
- your account balance
- payment history
- parties to transactions
- credit card usage
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as:
- your credit worthiness
- credit history
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms. This may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
- Michigan Coastal Credit Union uses "cookies" as part of its web site interface. A "cookie" is a small file that is placed on the user's computer. While it contains no Member information, it identifies the Member’s computer and allows the Credit Union to measure usage of the web site and customize the web site experience. The Credit Union will disclose whether it collects cookies on its web site. If you choose not to enable cookies on your browser, you will not be able to use some of the services offered on Michigan Coastal Credit Union's Web sites.
Information We Disclose About You
We may disclose all the information we collect, as described previously, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf (for example, check printing companies) or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. To protect our member's privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the member information we provide to other third parties.
In order to conduct the business of the credit union, we may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as your authorize or protect the security of our financial records.
If you terminate your membership with Michigan Coastal Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to the employees who have a specific business purpose viewing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
What You Can Do to Protect Your Privacy
Michigan Coastal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your ATM, Debit Card or Credit Card, which can provide free access to your account if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone call you, explains the call on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with the credit union current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If you detect potentially fraudulent, unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
If you have any questions concerning this notice, please do not hesitate to call us - we are here to serve you.
Additional Web Information
Michigan Coastal Credit Union recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information about our members and it is our goal to protect the information in every way we interact with you, whether it is in a branch, at one of our ATMs, on the telephone or on-line through the Internet and web site. In order to comply fully with Federal, State and NCUA regulations, we have prepared the following E-Privacy Statement.
When you access the Michigan Coastal Credit Union (MCCU) site, you indicate your acknowledgment and acceptance of these terms and conditions. MCCU maintains this Site to provide you with information about credit union products and services and to facilitate communication with MCCU and related Credit Union Service Organizations. From time to time we may revise these terms and conditions. We will use our best efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, but we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information. You agree that all access and use of the Site and its contents is at your own risk.
By using the Site, you acknowledge that we specifically disclaim any liability (whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site, (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages) including liability associated with any viruses which may infect a user's computer. MCCU provides links to other sites. In this capacity, MCCU is acting only as a distributor of information. With regard to services or products purchased or obtained by you through the Site links, from a person or entity other than MCCU, the credit union makes no warranty of merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose with regard to such services and products and MCCU specifically disclaims all other warranties with regard to such services or products.